On Saturday, March 27th, St. Paul’s hosted a Boxes of Love for the Homeless event. Over 100 local people experiencing homelessness stopped by. Services and goods available that day included:
- Shampoos and Hair Cuts
- Camping equipment
- Personal hygiene supplies
- Individual pizzas from Constantly Pizza
- Make-your-own Easter treat bags
- Non-perishable food and bottled water
- Prayer Squares* and prayers with St. Paul’s clergy
- Sweet treats (Chocolate bars donated by St. Paul’s parishioners)
- and more
*Clergy from St. Paul’s welcomed guests at the event with one of these prayer squares (handmade by St. Paul’s parishioners.) Many guests felt moved to accept the clergy’s offer of a moment of private prayer with them, and it was a moving experience for guests and clergy alike.
This Prayer Square was made for you as a reminder that God loves you and is always with you. Hold on to it when you feel anxious, worried, or are hurting, and know that you matter and are never alone.
“Fear not, for I am with you.” – Isaiah 41:10
A video showcasing the event will be put together by Boxes of Love in the near future, and we will be sure to share a link to it here!